2024 Crown Vic Rules have been posted
Eddie Gallagher would be crowned "King" during the Inaugural King of Memphis on Saturday night. In a race that featured two Mid-South legends starting at the tail end of a 30-lap Winged Sprint Car Main Event.
Eddie Gallagher and Sammy Swindell, two of Riverside's all-time greatest Sprint Car drivers competed in a unique head-to-head style main event, the first of its kind at the famous historic speedway. The two would start at the tail-end of a 30-car main event to close out the 2023 and whomever could finish the best would be named king.
The race created two unique storylines, the race itself which featured the likes of Brad Bowden, Dale Howard, Derek Hagar, and many more great talents throughout the field. Bowden would jump out and lead the opening 20-Laps in the Ronny Howard Racing #44b. Gallagher made it clear quickly that he was going towards the front. He would pass several cars on the opening lap putting a bit of distance between him and Swindell. Swindell would eventually run down Gallagher and was once able to overtake the advantage between the two. Gallagher would find his way back around Swindell and eventually work his way up to position eight, good enough to earn him the belt, crown, and title "King of Memphis".
Meanwhile up front, Bowden would lead the opening twenty circuits before Marion, Arkansas driver Derek Hagar driving the Blackjack Express #29 was able to find his way around in lap traffic. Hagar would clinch season win #20 in the process. Tucker Boulton, Dale Howard, and Conner Wray would complete the top-five.
Big Creek Cannabis 305 Winged Sprints 27 Entries
A Feature 1 30 Laps
1. 29-Derek Hagar; 2. 44B-Brad Bowden; 3. 74-Tucker Boulton; 4. 47-Dale Howard; 5. 23W-Conner Wray; 6. 48-Wade Buttrey; 7. 17-Hayden Brinkley; 8. 1X-Eddie Gallagher; 9. 5L-Dusty Young; 10. 23-Ethan Jones; 11. 1-Sammy Swindell; 12. 10K2-Dewayne White; 13. 4C-Cooper Looney; 14. 21-Spencer Meredith; 15. 44-Ronny Howard; 16. 46-Jan Howard; 17. 28-Keith Ainsworth; 18. 2-Chase Howard; 19. 51X-Cody Hays; 20. 25X-Tyler Whatley; 21. 13-Joshua Cevela; 22. 6-Jake Jones
B Feature 1 12 Laps
1. 2-Chase Howard; 2. 5L-Dusty Young; 3. 10K2-Dewayne White; 4. 6-Jake Jones; 5. 13-Joshua Cevela; 6. 2T-Todd Bradford; 7. 16-Hannah Merritt; 8. 15-Noah Collier; 9. (DNS) 7B-Nathan Brown; 10. (DNS) 25-Marshall Skinner
Heat 1 10 Laps
1. 44-Ronny Howard; 2. 25X-Tyler Whatley; 3. 23W-Conner Wray; 4. 28-Keith Ainsworth; 5. 47-Dale Howard; 6. 2-Chase Howard; 7. 5L-Dusty Young; 8. 7B-Nathan Brown; 9. 25-Marshall Skinner
Heat 2 10 Laps
1. 48-Wade Buttrey; 2. 46-Jan Howard; 3. 29-Derek Hagar; 4. 74-Tucker Boulton; 5. 13-Joshua Cevela; 6. 2T-Todd Bradford; 7. 16-Hannah Merritt; 8. 10K2-Dewayne White
Heat 3 10 Laps
1. 44B-Brad Bowden; 2. 4C-Cooper Looney; 3. 21-Spencer Meredith; 4. 51X-Cody Hays; 5. 23-Ethan Jones; 6. 17-Hayden Brinkley; 7. 15-Noah Collier; 8. 6-Jake Jones
Riverside International Speedway is excited to announce the Inaugural "King of Memphis" Saturday night November 4th as our season finale.
A full $1000 to win/$100 to start feature program of Winged Sprint Cars is set for action with Sammy Swindell and Eddie Gallagher starting at the tail end of the field in search for the title of "King of Memphis".
The $3000 to win Open Late Model Challenge will also join the action-packed card along with the $1100 to win Open Street Stock Challenge
Late Models will Qualify on this night.
The traditional season ending bonfire will close out the festivities after the races are concluded.
Grandstands open at 3pm, Hot Laps at 5:30pm, Racing at 6:30pm
General Admission: Adults $25 Ages 6-11 $5, and Kids 5 and under free.
General Rules and Race Format Procedures for the 2023 season have been updated.
Late Model rules have been adjusted regarding tire and Late Model Stock Engine rules.
600 Mini Sprints rules have been adjusted. **Minimum weight will be 750 lbs. with driver after the race with no fuel added.
Our weekly races are open to experts and beginners alike. Check out our schedule, web site, Facebook, texts, and emails for more details,and get you a car. The race track promotes the races with its two-seater street rod that is used for show purposes and parades. Watch for it in your community.
Riverside is a great destination for the whole family. Upcoming events are listed on the schedule. Riverside has a two-seater race car that fans can purchase a ride around the track in a real race car. Derek Hagar maintains and drives the two-seater race car. Contact Derek to sign up for a ride along. The rider has to wear a uniform and helmet. In all instances, safety is our #1 concern.
All race results at http://www.myracepass.com/profile/?r=1830&rt=track
Gates Open at 5:00; Hot Laps at 6:30; Races 7:30
**At the discretion of track officials and during excessive heat, the opening and race time MAY be moved back 30 minutes.